calibre is a free and open source e-book library management application developed by users of e-books for users of e-books. It has a cornucopia of features divided into the following main categories:
Library Management & E-book conversion
- Syncing to e-book reader devices
- Downloading news from the web and converting it into e-book form
- Comprehensive e-book viewer
- Content server for online access to your book collection
Book reader with powerful controls & full functions.
- Read thousands of ebooks for free, supports online ebook libraries.
- Read local books with smooth scroll and tons of innovation.
Support epub, mobi, chm, cbr, cbz, umd, fb2, txt, html, rar, zip or OPDS, key features:
- Full visual options: line space, font scale, bold, italic, shadow, justified alignment, alpha colors, fading edge etc.
- 10+ themes embedded, includes Day & Night mode switcher.
- Various types of paging: touch screen, volume keys or even camera, search or back keys.
- 24 customized operations (screen click, swipe gesture, hardware keys), apply to 15 customized events: search, bookmark, themes, navigation, font size and more.
- 5 auto-scroll modes: rolling blind mode; by pixel, by line or by page. Real-time speed control.
- Adjust the brightness by sliding your finger along the left edge of the screen, gesture commands supported.
- Intelligent paragraph; indent paragraph; trim unwanted blank spaces options.
- “Keep your eyes health” options for long-time reading.
- Real page turning effect with customized speed/color/transparent; 5 page flip animations;
- My Bookshelf design: Favorites, Downloads, Authors, Tags; self bookcover, search, import supported.
- Justified text alignment, hyphenation mode supported.
- Dual page mode for landscape screen.
- Support all four screen orientations.
- EPUB3 multimedia content support (video and audio)
- Backup/Restore options to cloud via DropBox, sync reading positions between phones and tablets.
- Highlight, Annotation, Dictionary (Offline or Online, support ColorDict, GoldenDict, Fora, ABBYY Lingvo, etc.), Translation, Share functions all in this ebook reader.
- Localized in 40 languages: English, አማርኛ, العربية, հայերեն, Български, català, český, dansk, Nederlands, eesti, suomi, français, galego, საქართველოს, Deutsch, ελληνικά, עברית, magyar, Indonesia, italiano, 日本語, 한국어, македонски, persan, polski, português, português brasil, român, русский, српски, 简体中文, slovenských, slovenskega, español, Svenskt, 繁體中文, ภาษาไทย, Türk, yкраїнський, Việt.
iPhone & iPad
iBooks is an amazing way to download and read books. iBooks includes the iBooks Store, where you can download the latest bestselling books or your favorite classics – day or night. Browse your library on a beautiful bookshelf, tap a book to open it, flip through pages with a swipe or a tap, and bookmark or add notes to your favorite passages.
- Download best-sellers and classic books from the iBooks Store
- Find fully illustrated books, including children's picture books, designed art books, photo books, cook books, and more in the iBooks Store
- Experience gorgeous fullscreen Multi-Touch books filled with interactive features, diagrams, photos, videos, and more
- Read a free sample of any book on the iBooks Store before making it a part of your permanent collection.
Great ways to read
- Choose from seven beautiful fonts and three easy-to-read page colors
- Highlight your favorite passages and add notes with the built-in bookmarking features
- Share quotes or thoughts about your favorite book with friends on Facebook, Twitter, Messages, or Mail
- Find a word, character, or phrase anywhere in your book with the built-in search feature
- Easily adjust your screen brightness to find the perfect lighting for any environment
- Scroll through your books with the flick of a finger using the scroll view
- Use iBooks with the amazing accessibility features in iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch—such as speaking the words on a given page
- Print PDF documents and notes you've written in iBooks using AirPrint.
- Organize your books and PDFs into personal Collections that appear on all your devices
- Keep bookmarks, highlights, notes, and your current page up-to-date everywhere using iCloud
- See all your iBooks Store purchases in iCloud right on your bookshelf
Download eBooks or import your own via SkyDrive. Read internet news stories with News Stream.
Enjoy reading anywhere with Nokia Reading on your Nokia LumiaNEW:
- Import your own DRM-free ebooks (in EPUB or PDF format) into your Nokia Reading library via SkyDrive
- Create your own personal web magazine with News Stream by accessing RSS streams from popular newspapers, magazines, fansites and blogs.
- Download eBooks straight to your smartphone in seconds and take them wherever you go.
- Start reading and seamlessly continue where you left off - we automatically save to the last page read.
- Adjust settings to the way you want to read - change the font size, the screen orientation and switch between day and night mode.